We’ve previously written about reviews and how they can help your website stand out in Google. But that’s not the only perk of having online reviews! Website Builder have recently published a brilliant infographic gathering a lot of very useful facts and stats regarding online reviews and how they can impact your business.
Click on the image below to view the full infographic, which includes facts, positive and negative impacts of online reviews, case studies, info about the main reviews sites (Yelp, Trip Advisor…)
If you’re short on time, here are the main takeaways:
- 90% of consumers form an opinion of your business after reading 10 reviews or less.
- Having reviews in Google search results can get 10-20% more clicks.
- Consumer reviews are 12 times more trusted than business descriptions.
- Reviews contribute to 10% of Google’s search results ranking.
- On average, reviews produce an increase of 18% in sales.
Impacts of positive reviews
- Every star you get increases revenue by about 5-9%.
- Customers spend over 30% more with businesses that have positive reviews.
- About 70% people will trust local business more thanks to positive reviews.
- Business listings with at least 3 stars get 41 out of 47 clicks in Google.
- Given equal pricing, customers are more likely to choose hotels with higher ratings.
Impacts of negative reviews
- Almost 60% of customers won’t buy a product after reading just 3 negative reviews
- Having 4 or more negative reviews can take away as much as 70% of potential customers.
- Over 80% of people will hesitate to buy from a business that has negative reviews.
- On average a single negative review can cost you 30 customers.
- The top five industries affected by negative reviews are restaurants, hotels, doctors, hospitals and hair salons.
People turn to other people’s opinions before making decisions, which is why reviews can really make or break your business! Be aware though that a lot of reviews are fake! You just need to know how to spot the fakers!